I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Photobaugh (a.k.a. Cynthia) over at My Inspired Fibro Life. The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community. I am so surprised and humbled by this because I am so new to blogging. Thank you Cynthia!
Here’s how it works…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What was the last blog post you read?
The Problem With Treating Illness With Exercise by Jamison Writes which really hits home with me. All of the Drs tell me to exercise and lose weight to help my fibromyalgia and other health issues and while I agree that I definitely need to exercise and be healthy, they completely ignore the fact that I was the healthiest I had been in 20 years when I got sick and every time I exercise now I fall into a flare of at least a week in length. Kind of makes it hard to make progress.
- What made you laugh today?
It is early morning here so it has so far been pretty uneventful thank goodness. However, every morning, I make myself a frozen breakfast sandwich to eat with my medicine. I am not much for breakfast, especially early, so I usually give my little dog, Sophie, the bacon and just eat the egg, some real cheese that I add, and the Eggo sandwich on it. Whenever I come back into the bedroom with my plate Sophie gets all excited and starts running around in manic little circles on the bed until I am afraid she is going to go flying across the room from the momentum until I give her the bacon. It is so funny to see this tiny little ball of fluff flying in circles on my bed making panting noises. LOL
- What are you grateful for today?
I am grateful for my kids each and every day.
- Where was the last place you went on vacation?
- Where is your favorite place to take a vacation?
Anywhere warm with a beach and the ocean. Preferably the gulf and not too touristy but I am not that picky.
- What inspired you to start writing a blog?
When I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I knew nothing about it. I had a vague understanding that it involved muscle aches. I decided to start a blog to 1. Increase awareness of fibromyalgia and narcolepsy, 2. Help others with fibromyalgia and chronic illness to feel less alone, 3. Have a place to express myself and something to occupy some of my time.
- What did you wish you knew before you started blogging?
How hard it is to settle on or come up with something to write about. Either I cannot think of anything at all to write about or I have too many options. I have started keeping a notebook in my purse to write down ideas for later. I miss having a brain that works. Lol
- When you’re not reading blogs, would you rather binge watch Netflix or read a good book?
I used to love to read and would sit and read a book in one night. I would love to do that now but my lack of brain power makes it hard to concentrate and to remember what happened. At least on Netflix most shows have a recap at the beginning of every episode. That being said, sometimes I get so sick of TV that I will turn it off for weeks at a time and do something else. Jigsaw puzzles on my iPad with music or crocheting if my hands will allow or blogging or whatever.
- Which social media platform do you prefer and why?
This is a tough one. I think I have met a few people I know better and I get more from their posts on Facebook, but I have reached more people that get something from my posts on Instagram. If I could just get that hashtag thing figured out better. And forget Twitter. I’m totally lost on there. LOL
- What is your favorite quote or saying?
I have two that kind of go together I guess. The first is the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have done unto you.” The second I always heard my Uncle Johnny say but not sure if it came from somewhere else: “What you do comes back to you.”
- What one thing did you do this last week to show yourself some self-love or self-care?
Well, I went and got a massage which is part self-care because parts of it are heavenly and part medicinal because my muscles and joints need it but it hurts like heck.
- Jamison Writes
- Picnic with Ants
- The World Sees Normal
- I Ttripped Over a Stone
- Discovering Sooz
- Life With An Illness
- The Chaotic Kumquat
- Melissa Vs. Fibromyalgia
- A Life Less Physical
- Brainless Blogger
- My Battle With Fibromyalgia
- What do you feel is your spirit animal or the animal that best represents your personality and why?
- If you could have a service dog to perform only one task for you during a flare what would that task be?
- What is your favorite thing to do to fill your bucket/restore your soul?
- What is your favorite children’s book and favorite children’s movie of all time?
- What is your ultimate comfort food during a flare?
- What is the stupidest/most annoying thing a Dr has said to you?
- What is your “weirdest” or most annoying symptom?
- If you woke up tomorrow completely cured and healthy what is that one thing (you know the one ) you would do that you can’t do now?
- What is one habit/dietary change/lifestyle change/etc. you have made in hopes it will help with your condition(s) that you really resent having to give up or change?
- What is your favorite blog post you have written?
- If money was no object and you didn’t have to work and there were no other considerations and you could live anywhere in the world you wanted to……where would you live and why? Provide a picture if you can. LOL